Saturday, August 11, 2012

The first of many...

Welcome to the inside of my skewed and somewhat sporadic mind.

I'm new to this whole experience but it was time to jump into the shark-infested waters and test my merit. Hopefully this blog will help others in their quest to become published and to give updates on where I'm at and how the process is going in my quest to become a published author.

As most know from my constant Facebook updates, I had an idea (like thousands of others) and I'm working to make that idea into a reality. I've finished the first FIVE drafts of my first novel and have it setup, locked and loaded for release by mid-August. The release will be announced here as well as on Facebook and Twitter.

It's a cool, little story that i think people will dig. I based it in Christian mythology but moved away from that setting rather quickly. I don't want to be pegged as a religious fanatic. I definitely noticed that it became a different book than i started out to write.

I think that is one of the big lessons i learned. There comes a point during the process, no matter how well outlined a story is, where a writer needs to get the hell out of the way and let the characters tell the story. Once it happens, the magic comes through. 

I'll try to keep this blog updated with what's going on with my writing and maybe offer snippets to see what the readers think of my nonsensical ramblings.

Keep pounding on the keyboards and chasing those dreams!

Jai

No comments:

Post a Comment